Thursday, September 12, 2013

20 Weeks, 4 Days.

Friday 13 September 2013

It's been a big week. Sunday night we had some friends over to celebrate my birthday and Bio Mum and our friend Steph made me home-made sushi! I have been craving sushi like crazy since my morning sickness subsided so it was just what I wanted. It was so yummy! Best birthday dinner ever!

Then on Wednesday, which was my actual birthday, Bio Mum got me the most amazing Nikon D3200 camera. It is incredible, but it's going to take me a while to learn how to use it properly. Miss Moo has been a reluctant model as I tried out different features of the camera. I mentioned to Bio Mum ages ago, not long after we got pregnant, that I wanted to get a really nice camera so I could take photos of our baby. It was sweet that she remembered. I can't wait to take lots and lots of photos of Lil Dash. I love my camera!

I got a nasty sore throat for my birthday, not exactly what I wanted but what can you do. I also got some lovely flowers from my workmates which made the sore throat a little easier to bear, see the picture below


All in all it was a lovely birthday!

Yesterday we went to have our 20 week scan, and aside from me almost fainting on the table, it went really well.

It's at this point I am pleased to announce that our Lil Dash is in fact a little girl!! I can't even describe how amazing it is to known that our Lil Dash is a little girl. She is growing beautifully and exactly as she should. we got to see her little hands and feet, ten fingers and ten toes all accounted for! 

I think knowing she is a little girl makes her all the more real, not that she was a figment of my imagination before. She is just becoming more of a little person to me now. She is our daughter and we get to meet her soon. I can't describe how much I already love this little girl, this little piece of me and Bio Mum. 

Here is a scan picture of our little girl:



She has been quite wiggly the last week or so, which is nice. She seems to like to make her presence known!

Here is the 20 week bump photo



I'm off to visit my mother and sister tonight for the weekend, which will be good. I'm not feeling so crash hot (viral sore throat thing) so it will be a fairly low key weekend. Just so long as I get to spend some time with Mum then that's the important thing.

So that's all for now. I'll post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment