Tuesday, September 3, 2013

19 Weeks, 2 Days

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Firstly thank you to all who have read this blog, thank you also for your kind words and support. It really does mean a lot.

Now onto the update!

Mum is doing well at the moment and we were lucky enough to get her into a really great care facility that will be able to provide her with appropriate care that will suit her needs. It was a difficult move for her (and my sister) as it was a bit confronting to walk into a dementia specific ward and see the other residents, many of who are more advanced than Mum is. After a day of upset and distress, Mum has settled in. I'm sure the next few weeks will bring more upset and distress as she gets used to the new environment.

I do feel guilty that the move was so hard on her, but now I know that she is going to be safe and well looked after. I can live with that guilt, but I couldn't live with it had we left her where she was and something terrible had happened to her because the care she was receiving was not adequate to her needs. I will sleep easier knowing she will be safe.

I'll be flying down on 13 September to spent the weekend with Mum and my sister, so I am looking forward to that. My poor sister has to have surgery on 11 September (my birthday!) so it will also be good timing as I can help her out for a couple of days. I am planning to fly down each month until I am no longer able to travel.

It's hard to not to dwell on the fact that Mum has cancer. I try not to think about all the worst case scenarios that might happen and I am trying to stay positive and focus on Lil Dash and how excited Mum is going to be to meet her little grandchild, but it is difficult not to imagine how absolutely devastating it would be if Mum never got to meet our baby.

Let's aim for some positive thoughts and I know seeing her next week will make me feel better.

In other news yesterday Lil Dash was quite the little wriggler! It was the first time I was absolutely certain I was feeling Dash move around in there. I thought I felt something last week, but was unsure. Then yesterday morning I was sitting quietly at work and it was unmistakable as Dash moved around on and off for about 45 minutes. Then last night Bio Mum and I were sitting on the couch and I felt Dash moving around. Bio Mum put her hand on my belly and after pressing in a bit (on my poor bladder) she was able to feel Dash move too!

It is really early for us to be feeling movement, but our little one is already a bit of an overachiever so I am not all that surprised! It was really wonderful to be able to share that moment with Bio Mum. 

Today we had out appointment with our OB Dr B which went really well. Everything is progressing just as it should, in fact Dash is several days a head of schedule (meaning Dash is a bit bigger, which is why we were able to feel the movement so soon).

Dr B tried to get a good look at the sex of our little one, but Dash was not so cooperative. We are all booked in for our 20 week scan next week so fingers crossed Dash behaves then and we get to find out!

Here is the 19 Week bump photo taken on 2 September 2013, please excuse the fact that you can see the bottom of my bra hanging out...I am a class act.


On Monday I went and bought my first few pairs of maternity pants after sitting at work all morning rather uncomfortable due to the tightness of my work pants. I was able to get 3 pairs of pants at Big W for $20 each, so I was happy with that! While the pants are not the most stylish, man are they comfortable! I might keep wearing them once baby is born.

This weekend we start on the nursery, which I am super excited about. I am feeling the urge to nest! I'll be sure to take some photos of our progress and post those as we go. 

Sunday will be awesome as we are having some lovely people over for dinner to celebrate my birthday, but most importantly Bio Mum is making me home-made sushi!! Oh man have I been craving sushi! I am so excited to eat some it is almost insane.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and I'll post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment