Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Weeks, 4 Days

Friday 22 November 2013

Here's the 30 Week bump photo:


I think the bump is getting bigger by the day! I am now finding it almost impossible to get comfortable anywhere and am struggling with some lovely niggling pains in my back, hips (mostly the right one, down my leg and round down through my butt), shoulders, feet and groin. The worst is at work. I spend the whole day fidgeting and trying to get comfortable. I did bring a cushion in and putting that behind my lower back does help a lot.

I know there isn't that long to go now, but part of me is really looking forward to getting my body back (of course Bub has been told in no uncertain terms that she is to stay in there until at least 37 weeks). I can't help but think how nice it would be to be able to see my feet when I look down, although as we speak I am pretty sure they are kind of swollen! The joys of pregnancy!

Last weekend I flew down to Melbourne to spend some time with the family. It was a bit of a whirl-wind trip (they usually are), but it was good to see everyone. Friday night I arrived not too late and spent some time with my sister and her boyfriend. Saturday morning we headed off to have breakfast with some of my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins (we decided not to bring Mum as she doesn't cope well with big groups of people). It was really lovely to catch up with everyone who could be there as it had been a while since we were all together. Oh and my Uncle Jack is a pretty awesome cook so the food was just delicious! We also got some beautiful gifts for Lil Dash.

After breakfast my sister and I went and got Mum and took her out to the State Rose Garden, which is out near the Werribee Mansion. Mum loves gardening and flowers and I had wanted to take her out to the rose garden for a while now, just had to wait for it to flower! Mum seemed to really love it, which was nice. I snapped quite a few photos on my awesome camera (thanks Bio Mum) and am now planning to use these photos and other flower photos I have taken to put together a flower photo book for Mum for Christmas. I think she might like that.

After the rose garden we had lunch and then took Mum home as she was getting pretty tired. After that we went to my sister's boyfriend's house then back to my sister's to catch up with a friend of her's (my surrogate big sister). After that I went and had dinner with my friend Emma, who I hadn't seen in ages. We have one of those friendships where we can go aged without seeing each other, but then when we get back together its like we were never apart. It's really nice and I am so glad I got to see her!

Sunday was a little down time with my sister and then spent time with Mum until I had to go to the airport. All in all it was a really good weekend. It will be my last trip down until Lil Dash makes her appearance so it was really important for me.

This week has been quite a busy one. Work has been busy and we've had stuff on most nights.

Tuesday I met up with some former colleagues for dinner which was nice then Wednesday Bio Mum took me on a date night to see Gravity at the Sunset Cinema at the Botanic Gardens (it was an awesome night aside from the audio issues). 

Wednesday afternoon we had an appointment with Dr B. Lil Dash is going very well, but according to Dr B's ultrasound equipment she is measuring 3 weeks ahead. Yikes. Dr B talked to us again about our plan of action, which was comforting. We'll see how Lil Dash goes and hopefully she'll come on her own after 37 weeks. We'll be going to see Dr B fortnightly now, moving to weekly in a month or so.

Thursday night was our last ante-natal class and this one was about birth and what happens afterwards. It was actually a bit comforting to hear a lot of what was said, like what we can expect when we're in hospital (the hospital will let us stay 4 days post natural birth or 5 days post c-section) and the supports available to us once we go home. Its nice to know that once Bub pops out we aren't just shoved into a corner and told to figure it out!

We also met a couple in the class who know our friends Erina and Tanya (through roller derby) so that was nice. They seem really lovely and you never know we might even end up hospital neighbours!

Today I went on a mad hunt for summer pyjamas that fit! Mine are getting a tad tight around my belly and its been too hot for winter PJs! I ended up with two sets of PJs so that should do me for a while...I may have also bought a maternity top, a cute little singlet suit for Lil Dash and a stuffed horse for Lil Dash. I just can't help myself sometimes! Baby stuff is just so cute!!

Tonight is our do nothing night and my god I can't wait! Me and the couch have a date tonight and it is going to be heaven!

Tomorrow Bio Mum and I are heading out to the Baby market to see if we can scoop up some bargains and then off to spend our vouchers on our pram and capsule! We also have a nice list of other things we want to buy so this weekend will be fun and exhausting...and expensive!

My Dad is also coming into town this weekend for a work thing so we'll organise to have dinner with him on Sunday night and hopefully see him a few times during the week next week. Bio Mum's parents are also in town Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully we can organise it so they can meet Dad.

So that is all for now, I'll be sure to update next week.

I'll leave you with a hydrangea update, yes it's still alive and seems to be thriving! Have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment