Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 8

Monday 29 April 2013 - Day 8

Well hell everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! If you live in Australia like me, then last week we had a public holiday on Thursday for ANZAC Day and like a fair few people I also took the Friday off to make an extra long weekend! Bio Mum and I celebrate our 2 and 1/2 year anniversary today so we headed off for the weekend to our favourite place up in the mountains and enjoyed a relaxing, fun weekend away.




(Photo credit goes to Bio Mum, this was the view from our balcony...bliss)

It was pure heaven. I can't wait to go back there again.

We spent a lot of time relaxing, watching TV and just spending time together. Highlights were our lovely (and much needed) massages, dinner at the resort restaurant, mountain biking (the most beautiful way to see the gorgeous scenery...and work up a sweat at the same time) and a very windy/cold walk part of the way up Mount Kosciusko. We got to 2000 meters so I was proud of that!

Today it was back to reality...and back to work unfortunately. I do really enjoy my job, but it is always hard to come back after such a lovely weekend. Today also meant me heading into our fertility clinic for a blood test. The nurse who took the blood was amazing. No one has ever been able to get blood from my right arm before (my veins are very tricky) and she got the vein first go. No hassle at all! I guess those nurses take a lot of blood.

I just spoke to the clinic and I am back in for another blood test on Wednesday. My oestrogen, LH and progesterone were all low (in the normal sense of the word, nothing to worry about) so we aren't quite near ovulation yet. I could be looking forward to a few more blood tests before the levels are right.

I have continued reading 'Up the Duff' by Kaz Cooke, seriously good reading. I think I'll be reading it a few times before this whole baby making journey is over. It's practical, which I like and need.

Oh and by the way I lied, I said in my last post (or maybe the one before I can't really remember) that I was done drinking...well that didn't quite eventuate. Instead I have enjoyed a few glasses here and there (ok so more than a few glasses this past weekend) and will probably try not to have any more before implantation. I promise, hand on heart, that there will be no alcohol consumed once Bub is up in there and cooking away.

Bub is just an idea now, but is already so loved it is crazy.

So I've been thinking about some questions I want to find out the answers to about pregnancy. I figure I'd better jot them down so when we are actually sitting in front of our eventual doctor I will know what the hell it is I am thinking about.

1) Can I dye my hair while pregnant? If so is it safer to do myself at home (as I do now) or go to a salon? I have been going grey since 17 and without dye I have quite an impressive head of grey. I am 26 so its a bit soon for the silver fox look.

2) Is chai tea and chai lattes safe during pregnancy?

3) Where are good places to find reasonably priced maternity clothing that won't make me look like I'm wearing a sack?

4) How do I cope with the first trimester at work if I decide not to tell my boss until I'm into the second trimester?

I'm sure there will be more questions soon. My head is a busy mess about all this baby stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment