Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 7 Day 2

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Today we are 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant and this afternoon we got to see our little Bub for the first time when we had our 7 week scan. It was an amazingly moving experience. Little Dash (Bio Mum thought Bub looked like a dachshund/sausage dog in the ultrasound so now Bub is also known as Dash) is amazing. Their little heart was beating, this beautiful little fluttering that brought tears to my eyes. 

Little Dash is at 7 weeks 5 days, so 3 days ahead of schedule, a little overachiever just like Bio Mum! Little Dash measured a wonderful 1.42cm and their little heart was beating at a very healthy 152 beats per minute. 

Here is our little Dash







Seeing little Dash today was incredible. I have been feeling so sick and this gave me something tangible to hold onto. 

The last few days I have been so sick I haven't been able to keep much of any food down, in fact I haven't been at work since Tuesday last week. I had a rather violent vomiting incident this morning so off to the GP I went where they gave me the good drug, and I am now pleased to report that I have been able to eat this afternoon! Yay! The tablets are pretty expensive (or actually wafers) but I so don't care, it has been so great to be able to eat and keep food down!

I am not 100%, but man do I feel better!

Blood test tomorrow and then, if all is well, back to work on Friday! Now I need to go call my sister and tell her all about little Dash!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my niece/nephew! So nice to meet you. Feel better sis xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete