Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week 8 Day 3

Thursday 20 June 2013

Another blood test day today, all is looking good. Here are the results:

Progesterone - 120
hCG - 228,582

Yeah the hCG is kinda high. The nurse I spoke to asked me if we'd had a scan, I said yes last week, she then very delicately asked 'so how many heart rates did they find'. I guess those numbers are in twin territory, which was a concern pre-scan. The nurse did tell me the numbers are really good, so that was nice. 

I was still a little concerned (despite the reassurances of the nurse) so I did some Googling and here is what I found:


hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):
  • 3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
  • 4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
  • 5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
  • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
  • 7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
  • 9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
  • 13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
  • 17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
  • 25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml

So seeing that has made me feel a bit better as we look to still be in range. Little Dash is doing well it seems.

Morning sickness is still a problem, but a much more manageable one now that the GP prescribed me Zofran. That stuff is expensive, but worth every cent. Zofran has meant that I have been able to eat (although not a huge amount and only select things) and function enough to go to work. I haven't thrown up at all since I started taking it so that is pretty great. 

We have our first appointment with our OB next week, Dr B. I spent a good half an hour earlier today writing down a list of questions I want to ask (I got to about 20) so I don't forget. I am excited to go see Dr B, I really hope we get to have another scan so we can see little Dash again! 

So next week its OB on Wed and blood test on Thursday.

Bio Mum has been doing home improvements lately and doing a great job of it too. We decided that the best room to put the nursery in would be the room next to our bedroom, which is currently Bio Mum's study. So Bio Mum (with little help from sick me) prepped and painted our spare room so the study can be moved in. Then it will be time to start the nursery. I am hesitant to do anything in the nursery until we are into the second trimester, I don't want to jinx anything. It just seems like jumping the gun to get started too soon.

I did cave though and buy the first toy for little Dash. I was at the supermaket and feeling all kinds of sick and I walked past the baby stuff. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a musical Eeyore! I loved Eeyore as a child so couldn't help myself and bought it. Eeyore is now sitting in the cupboard waiting for the arrival of our little boy or girl.

I have since has to restrain myself from buying any other baby stuff!

Well that's all for now, I'll be sure to post next week with how our OB appointment goes!

1 comment:

  1. I can't promise any such restraint sis! Too late for that ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete