Wednesday, October 30, 2013

27 Weeks, 3 Days

Thursday 31 October 2013

Let's start off with the 27 weeks bump photo:


People keep saying I look small for 27 weeks, all I can say to them is that I sure as hell don't feel small! I have a very definite waddle going on and find my lovely bump tends to restrict me quite a lot (putting on shoes is a fun one). The best so far has been struggling to get clothes out of the dryer because my bump gets in the way and makes it hard to reach! It's actually pretty funny.

I'm sure I'll get much bigger before Lil Dash is ready to come out!

Last weekend Bio Mum and I did some gardening and yard work in preparation for the Baby shower in a couple of weeks. Bio Mum was amazing and did most of the hard work while I tired to help as much as I could. It ended up looking great! My favourite part was the plants we planted along the fence which used to be an empty flower bed. 

My Nanna and Pop had the most beautiful hydrangeas in their front yard, which is one of my most vivid memories of their house, so in honour of Nanna, Pop and for my Mum we planted a lovely little hydrangea in the front yard. Below is our little plant, still surviving despite my very lacking gardening ability:


We also went and saw Game of Thrones Burlesque last weekend, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The MCs were funny though. Mostly it was nice to catch up with our friends and I also enjoyed eating an entire box of Malteasers by myself. 

Speaking of sugar, I had my glucose test and all is well. There is no evidence of gestational diabetes! Yay! The glucose drink wasn't even that bad, despite what a lot of mums told me. The nurse was great and able to get blood from my horrible veins very easily, although to be honest after the fertility clinics many blood tests I am such an old hat at having blood taken I hardly notice it any more!

Monday we had our OB appointment with Dr Anna as Dr B was away. It ended up just being me as Bio Mum has to race home after our neighbour called to tell her that Moo had escaped the backyard and was having a great time running around the bike paths behind our house! Cheeky dog! She busted through our back fence (3 sides of the fence are colour-bond and only one is old wooden pails, that's where she went) and ran out the neighbours front gate! Look at her (photo below) you wouldn't think she would be so naughty would you? To be fair she did come home on her own bat after giving both Bio Mum and I a good scare.


Anyway the OB appointment went really well and Dr Anna was lovely. Lil Dash is looking great, still measuring large for her dates, but growing well. She is still head down and was curled up with her little ankles crossed, it was very cute. All is well with Bub and Me so we are very happy. We're back to the OB in 3 weeks and then fortnightly from then.

Speaking of Lil Dash, I was shopping the other day and couldn't help myself so I bought her this:


It was just so cute I had to have it! Pretty little outfit for our girl...and its not pink! You may not be able to see it in this terrible photo, but there is a little bow on the front. I just love it and can't wait to dress our girl in it!

I also spent some time this week reading to Lil Dash after I dug up some books that were mine when I was little. It was a special moment and I can't wait to read to her more, both while she's in my belly and once she's born. 

This week I got my butt into gear trying to figure out my maternity leave and Centrelink paid parental leave. So far so good, still a bit to work out. It looks like I'll be off from 2 January 2014 to 1 December 2014. I want to get that all sorted sooner rather than later so I don't have to worry about it.

We've also been planning the baby shower and are so blessed to have amazing friends and family who are not only coming to celebrate with us, but are also offering help. We are very lucky to have such incredible people in our lives. Lil Dash is going to be lucky to have each and every one of them too!

Tomorrow we are heading off to Bio Mum's parent's place for the weekend, which I am so excited about! I can't wait! I can't wait to see the nephews, those boys are just the sweetest and I really adore them! I also can't wait to see the family (and extended family). It's going to be a great weekend! Plus I get to have half a day off work, so that is nice too!

Next week is a big one, we have our 3D scan on Tuesday and then our first ante-natal class on Thursday, plus I think next week I officially enter the third trimester! Wow this pregnancy is speeding by!

Until next time, be good to each other and Lil Dash says hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment