Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 18

Thursday 9 May 2013 - Day 18

Hey everyone, happy Thursday!

I am sitting here feeling a fairly predictable mix of nervous, excited and apprehensive because tomorrow is our FET.

I called the clinic today and talked to the lab, unfortunately our two remaining thawed embryos had stopped growing. There is still a chance that they continued to grow as the day passed, but this is also a chance that they haven't. If they haven't grown then tomorrow at about 11am the clinic will thaw one of our frozen blastocysts in the hope that it will be good to transfer. Thankfully we have a couple of really nice blasts frozen.

Personally I have my fingers crossed that our two slow growers kicked into gear this afternoon and have grown on. I hate to think of them not surviving like the other two who did not survive this thaw.

So hear is the plan for tomorrow, acupuncture at 11 am to get my body all ready for transfer and then off to the clinic at 1pm for transfer. The whole procedure should only take 5-10 minutes at most and then we're back off to the acupuncturist at 2.30pm for another session.

After that I'll be home relaxing in front of the television, taking it easy and giving our little embryo time to get a good hold in there. This weekend will be a quiet one for me, which to be honest I am looking forward to so thank you Bub for the excuse to put my feet up!

I so hope this works. Bio Mum and I have invested so much into this over the last year. I already love this little being and they don't even really exist yet. Bub, we really hope this all works out and that early next year you will enter the world. You will be so loved my little darling.

Fingers, toes and everything else are crossed for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment