Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 7 Post Transfer

Friday 17 May 2013 - Day 26 (7dp5dt)

As I sit here typing this I can't wipe the smile off my face. I mean I couldn't even if I wanted to. Today was a big day for Bio Mum and I, today was the day we were expecting some big news...

Off I went this morning for yet another blood test (I am sure I have many more to look forward to throughout this journey) and then off to work to await the time when I could ring the clinic and get our results. At 2.06 pm I couldn't wait any longer and made the call. 

So the good, no, amazing news is that the hCG levels in my blood are now at 71.8 (which has more than doubled since my last blood test on Wednesday) which indicates, drum roll, pregnancy!!

I am so happy right now. I feel like a weight has been lifted and like I can breath again. I have been trying my hardest to remain positive, but it was hard at times. When you want something this badly its only normal to have those moments of doubt and fear, but so far all is well and I am now almost 4 weeks pregnant (which seems so strange to me as the transfer was only a week ago...the wonderful calculation of pregnancy). Bub is sitting safe in my belly, where I hope they stay for a good long while yet.

I am curious to find out what the chances are of a successful birth from this point in? Google is my new best friend in helping me over-analyse all the hormone readings and what may happen. I am just so ready to be pregnant, not so ready for child birth, and so ready to be a Mum.

In my over-analysing session today used a spreadsheet Bio Mum started and I mapped out where we've been and where we are at:



Day of Cycle  Activity


Day 1 - Mon 22 April 2013 Started Period


Day 8 - Mon 29 April 2013 Blood Test


Day 10 - Wed 1 May 2013 Blood Test


Day 12 - Fri 3 May 2013 Blood Test & Internal Ultrasound


3 May 2013 - 8pm Trigger Injection


Day 14 - Sun 5 May 2013 Ovulation (36 hours after Trigger)


Day 19 - Fri 10 May 2013 Frozen Embryo Transfer


Results HCG Levels Progesterone Levels Days Post Transfer
Day 22 - Mon 13 May 2013 Blood Test Not measured 131 3
Day 24 - Wed 15 May 2013 Blood Test 22.4 135 5
Day 26 -  Fri 17 May 2013 Blood Test 71.8 151 7

So that's where we are currently at. As you can see the hCG results for today were 71.8 which was well over the amount the nurses said they were looking for, which is so good. I still have to take the Crinone each night and go back into the clinic on Tuesday for another blood test. I plan on having a good list of questions to take with me about what the next steps are for us. There is so much to think about, but right now I just want to bask in the good news.

Today I really feel like I'm pregnant, today I feel like I am really going to be a Mum. 



 





1 comment: